Monday, September 20, 2010

Review: Cinnabon Frozen Cinna Poppers




Here's today's review.

I was on one of our frequent shopping trips to Costco with my husband early last week and came across these Cinnabon frozen Cinna Poppers.  I wasn't actually going to get them (because who needs a Costco sized box of Cinnabons?) but my husband talked me into getting them.  I figured I could give some of them to a friend of mine who is also super excited about trying fun, new products.  Anyway, we took them home and I promptly forgot about them because they became buried under a ginormous amount of ground beef from said Costco trip.  Anyway, I rediscovered them a couple of days ago and got excited about trying them all over again.  The box says they're new but I can't find too much information on them online.  They may not actually be new but they're new to me.  Here are the nutrition specs.  This information is only for three of them and there are ten in each tray thing.  You guys can do the math since that's not exactly my specialty.

Cinnapoppers
Calories - 220
Total Fat - 11g
Saturated Fat - 6g
Trans Fat - 0g
Cholesterol - 15mg
Sodium - 90mg
Total Carbohydrate - 27g
Dietary Fiber - 1g
Sugars - 18g
Protein - 2g

Cream Cheese Frosting
Calories - 20
Total Fat - 0g
Saturated Fat - 0g
Trans Fat - 0g
Cholesterol - 0mg
Sodium - 0mg
Total Carbohydrate - 4g
Dietary Fiber - 4g
Sugars - 4g
Protein - 0g

So, basically the box says you can microwave these for 45 seconds and they'll be ready to eat.  I found that 45 seconds wasn't quite enough so I opted to microwave them for 15 extra seconds.  Each little tray comes with a tube of cream cheese icing which I found to be just enough icing to give them that authentic Cinnabon gooey quality.  Here is what each tray looks like out of the box.


I forgot to take a picture of them after putting the icing on because frankly I was too excited to try them to remember my camera.  So after icing them to perfection I popped one in my mouth to taste.  The top cinnamon part has kind of a crunchy texture to it.  I'm not sure if that was a product of me microwaving them for the extra 15 seconds or if that's how they were supposed to be but I actually liked them like that.  The dough is a little bit undercooked but I also liked it like that.  It gives it that "middle of a Cinnabon" feel to it.  The taste is not exactly like a real Cinnabon but is decently close.  The 10 that come in a tray are a bit much for one person without feeling like you might explode or throw up but to share with your spouse or one of your kids would probably be just right.  Overall, I thought these were pretty awesome.  I'd almost definitely buy these again, preferably not in a supersized box though.  If I could find them in a regular grocery store they'd definitely come home with me again.  

Now, I should probably add a few disclaimers.
  • No one is paying me for reviewing these products.  I'm just a regular person with a penchant for new food products.
  • I realize the first three reviews have been of pre-packaged, over-processed food.  I have a huge sweet tooth and have been using these items as dessert for myself and my husband or myself and a friend of mine.  So far my kids have eaten exactly none of this food.  I try not to give them sugar very often and have been hiding all of this stuff so they don't see it.  I am going to try to review other types of food, however, local vegetables, cheeses, etc. are just that: local to me.  I don't want to review too many things that anyone reading would probably not be able to find by them. 
  • Again, please let me know if there's something you'd like for me to review and I'll try to find it in a store by me. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks--we bought them at Costco, too, put the trays in the freezer--without the directions!--and a few months later, couldn't remember what to do with them. What about the toaster oven?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey only 8 minutes in a 350 oven... Yummy with a great texure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found them at Walmart for a box of 20 tonight in TN.

    ReplyDelete